Saturday, April 9, 2011

Alies on a diet = SHOPPING






Fun and interesting things...



I remember when I was in high school that instead of eating when I was bored, I would shop. Ross, the DI, and TJ Maxx were by best friends when I was 17. I was also my skinniest when I was 17 because I did not eat. Maybe an apple and a sucker and some water the entire day.


Now that I am not eating again, but a healthier version of eating well but not much, I am back to shopping to fill some void. The past three Saturdays I have bought more new clothes, BRAND NEW, than in a long time. I used to only go to the DI if I needed something to wear. Now I have new dresses, shirts, and even new workout shoes! I have spent all of my Kohls and Target gift cards from my birthdays in the past three weeks, and I had about 8 total gift cards. I don't know but it is nice to have some cute clothes now that I am feeling thinner.


The diet has been going well, but I haven't been losing as much as in the beginning. Since I last wrote I have lost 5 pounds. 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I had a platau week in there with an apple day, and this week has been more steady. At least its coming off though.


I am going to start exercising when I start maitenace. I am trying to find a cheap step class up here in Logan, maybe Zumba? My boss said he would help me get a pass to Planet Fitness through work, and I think like my work would be paying for it?? That would be awesome. If anyone reading this knows about Zumba give me some ideas of what it is like. Is it like Step aerobics? I loved step when I went to SLCC.


Not much else going on. We are really liking Net Flixs. We have been watching a show called "Jericho" on there. It is really good. I have been reading "Stolen Lives" by Malika Oufkir. It is about a family that is put in a type of concemtration camp in Morocco after their father is killed for treason. It is so crazy! I don't think I could live like that, but it tells how they get through it, what they do to stay alive and sane. Chelsea and my mom have both read it, and loved it.




1 comment:

Chelsea Lee said...

I've heard that Zumba is all the craze right now. Maybe when I come up we could go to a class together. That would be fun.

Do you remember the movie 'Housesitter'? With Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn? Remember when she dances all wild during her Dance lesson? I'm pretty sure that's Zumba.