Sunday, April 5, 2009

News

Well so I am starting a new diet this week. It is that whole HCG thing where you take shots of a hormone from pregnant women's pee? Anyways, I have seen the results in others and have researched it a lot, so I decided to give it a shot. (he he, oh man am I funny.) I will keep this blog updated on the status of how it goes and if it works for me. My mom lost about 40 lbs on it in 40 days. So maybe I will do the same. I just want to feel healthy again, and with school and not having much time to exercise, this seemed like a good option to get on track.


Other news...


I got in to the Elementary Ed. Program at the U and will begin my student teaching this fall. I find out where on april 24th. I hope it will be in Jordan District but ??? School is going great, and I really am loving all of my classes this semester.


Josh got an X Box and he is just in heaven. He is still looking for a job with his degree, but I am just glad he has a job at all with how the economy is.


General Conference was RAD this year. Favorite talks had to be Oaks, Hales, and Holland for sure. I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life. I love where I am and what I am doing, and I owe all that I have to the decisions I have made that were influenced by my beliefs.


My mom showed this to me and I thought I would put it on here for others to read:


Benjamin Franklin had this to say about choice:
“We stand at the crossroads, each minute, each hour, each day, making choices. We choose the thoughts we allow ourselves to think, the passions we allow ourselves to feel, and the actions we allow ourselves to perform. Each choice is made in the context of whatever value system we’ve selected to govern our lives. In selecting that value system, we are, in a very real way, making the most important choice we will ever make.
Those who believe there is one God who made all things and who governs the world by his Providence will make many choices different from those who do not. Those who hold in reverence that being who gave them life and worship Him through adoration, prayer, and thanksgiving will make many choices different from those who do not. Those who believe that mankind are all of a family and that the most acceptable service of God is doing good to man will make many choices different from those who do not. Those who believe in a future state in which all that is wrong here will be made right will make many choices different from those who do not. Those who subscribe to the morals of Jesus will make many choices different from those who do not.”
Franklin concludes:
“Since the foundation of all happiness is thinking rightly, and since correct action is dependent on correct opinion, we cannot be too careful in choosing the value system we allow to govern our thoughts and actions.
“And to know that God governs in the affairs of men, that he hears and answers prayers, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him, is indeed, a powerful regulator of human conduct.”
I am grateful for the value system that I have chosen for my life.
Love you mom,
Leasie

No comments: