Saturday, May 30, 2009

Portobello Mini Pizzas (no bread)


So I have been craving pizza and decided to try something that I saw on Rachel Ray a long time ago. They were really good, filling, quick, and low fat.

2 portobello mushroom caps with stems cut off (Harmons had these for 2 for $3)
marinara sauce (sugar free for HCG)
canadian bacon slices (can be found by the pepperoni at any grocery store)
thin slices of tomato
1 mozerella string cheese

Line a shallow cookie sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 400 F. Rinse the porobellos and dry with a paper towel or napkin. Place the caps on the cookie sheet and spoon marinara sauce onto the top. Place tomato slices and canadian bacon on the tops. Peel the string cheese into thin strips and place over other toppings.

Heat in oven until cheese is melted.

These are delicious!!!! I haven't tried making them upside down, where you would fill the mushroom bottom but I bet it might be good too. You could also try using different toppings these were just my favorite.

Other findings: I found some vegitable chips at Target that are so good! I have missed that crunch sensation from crackers and chips and that worked well.

If any one knows where to get cocoanut oil for really cheap, please let me know.
Thanks, Alies

1 comment:

Katie said...

My mom has a coconut diet book, she did the diet so I'll ask her if she knows where to get the oil for cheap.