Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fitness Test

Well today was sort of a downer. Since I am now on phase 2 of the HCG diet I decided that I am going to start working out more to tone up and manage my weight until I go on another round of the HCG diet in July.

PS. I went from 211 down to 174 from April 3 to May 23. That is 37 lbs in less than 2 months!!!!

So I joined Lifetime Fitness in Riverton and went in for my fitness test today. It was pretty discouraging. Even with losing almost 40 lbs I am still considered obese and am "not fit" according to every standard. GRRR. I mean at least I am eating so much better, but I have a long road ahead of me until I am considered "healthy".

I feel like I was a food aholic and now I am paying the toll of 24 years of binge drinking or something. Anytime I am around food I look at it like it is heroin or something that if I even take one bite of that, I might go back to where I started. They really need to have like a food-aholics meeting group or something for those of us who are changing our ways.

I just wish that the food market would come out and tell us exactly how unhealthy the food that they are promoting is. I mean even Sweet Tomatoes or Subway is like TERRIBLE unless you are only eating the vegitables, fruit, and whole wheat bread. And I was eathing out all the time, chips, soda, snacks, pastries, pasta. CRAP. And not exercising like at all. So now I am paying my dues I guess.

You eat crap, you will feel and look like crap. Unless you are Josh..... That boy could eat a crap 24/7 and look like a Rock Star.

Anyways so new goals aside from eating better:
1. Go to the gym Mon-Fri for at least 45min.
2. Stretch/ yoga every morning and every night.
3. Lift weights twice a week.

I have been reading a new book about doing hard things called
DO HARD THINGS

And it is really great. I can DO this if I make it a priority in my life.
So I will keep this updated and let you all know how it is going.
:) Alies

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so proud of you for sticking through this, it will be easier now then in 10 years. I'm not much of reader (you asked on your comment to me) but I would really like to get together with you. Keep doing hard things.

Christar said...

I completely agree with being a food addict. I can give up a large amount of bad foods, but there are some that it feels like it's just killing me to give up. And that's not good.

But don't be discouraged!!! You look AMAZING and have come such a long way. :) Be proud of what you've done!